Today one of our clients wanted us to enhance product selector autocomplete field, and instead of displaying product name it should display name with product thumbnail. First thing on my mind was, its gonna take time + lot of AJAX and Jquery.
But as always in Drupal there is a module that does that! Half an hour later I delivered enhanced autocomplete to my client!
Here is how I did it:
- Download Finder module and enable Finder, Finder autocomplete and Finder node.
- Go to admin/build/finder and add new Node finder
- In settings check "Form on page" option and add autocomplete element/
- In autocomplete element field set this fields as per your needs. In my case it was:
- Restrict nodes that can be found to only these content types: Product
- Find items by this field: Node:Title
- Save it.
- Open finder_autocomplete.module in editor and edit theme_finder_autocomplete_suggestion function. In here you can...